. . . being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
Right now you may not be in a position to place others on your team. In fact, you may be thinking to yourself, How do I find my own niche? If that’s the case, then follow these guidelines:
- Be secure – If you allow your insecurities to get the better of you, you’ll be inflexible and reluctant to change. And you cannot grow without change.
- Get to know yourself – Spend time reflecting and exploring your gifts. Ask for feedback. Do what it takes to remove personal blind spots.
- Trust your leader – A good leader will help you to start moving in the right direction. Or get on another team.
- See the big picture – Your place on the team only makes sense in the context of the big picture. If your only motivation for finding your niche is personal gain, your poor motives may prevent you from discovering what you desire.
- Rely on your experience – The only way to know that you’ve discovered your niche is to try what seems right and learn from your failures and successes. When you discover what you were made for, your heart sings.