Leadership – See beyond the ordinary
So it was, whenever Moses went out to the tabernacle, that all the people rose, and each man stood at his tent door and watched Moses until he had gone into the tabernacle. ~Exodus 33:8
Modeling provides the basis of all true leadership. Leaders must set the example for their followers. The number one management principle in the world is this: People do what people see.
Moses demonstrated this truth. The people watched him as he spent time with God, interceding for them in intimate, personal communion – and it changed them more than any sermon could have. If you want to enjoy an intimate relationship with God, as Moses did, you must practice what he did:
1. Separate yourself regularly.
2. Seek God with all your heart.
3. Risk being watched and scrutinized.
4. Learn to listen and obey God’s voice.
5. Enter covenant partnership with God