Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. ~Psalm 1:1-3
The brilliant first psalm contrasts the righteous and the wicked. Leaders, take note because the difference between the two seems to be where they get their counsel!
Observe how a foolish leader can be led astray by a corrupt inner circle :
1. The leader begins to browse for the wrong counsel.
2. The leader begins to listen to the wrong voices.
3. The leader joins the wrong inner circle.
A wise leader meditates on God’s Word day and night. Note the results of receiving counsel from the right inner circle:
2. Inward nourishment and refreshment
3. Fruitfulness and productivity
4. Strength and durability