The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction. ~Proverbs 1:7
Wisdom can be a leader’s best friend, especially in times of decision. Suppose you find yourself in a large committee meeting in which a crucial decision must be made. The committee reaches an impasse and everything stops. Who will become the most influential person in that room? Answer: the one with the wisdom to draw a conclusion that not only works, but which receives the blessing of that committee.
Proverbs 1 describes wisdom as a woman crying out in the streets. What a beautiful picture! Wisdom does not hide herself, but shouts publicly! We must go out and find her and build a friendship with her: What can we learn about decision making from Proverbs?
- The foundation for every decision is to honor and revere God.
- We must build off of our heritage and conscience: What values are we to embrace?
- We must avoid the counsel of the ungodly.
- We must pursue wisdom: What are the facts? What are the options?
- We must move toward inward peace.