Here are some simple and effective tips that could redefine your concept of health to a greater extent.
1. Move your body. Walk your dog; chase your kids; toss balls with friends, mow the lawn. Do anything that moves your limbs as it is an effective fitness tool and a stress buster.
2. Cut fat by avoiding fried foods, burgers and fatty meats. Opt for lower fat versions such as substitute butter, fat free cheeses and mayonnaise.
3. Smoking is injurious to health, so quit smoking to stay healthy. Thought for the day: Give up just one cigarette – the next one.
4. Stay away from stress. Exercise, meditation and spending 30 minutes a day doing something you like will allow you to stay cool.
5. Protect yourself from pollution. If you can’t live in a smog-free environment, at least avoid smoke-filled rooms, high traffic areas, breathing in highway fumes and exercising near busy thoroughfares.
6. Floss your teeth. People who floss their teeth are more health conscious than people who don’t. So floss and be your body’s boss.
7. Avoid excessive drinking. As studies show a glass of wine or one drink a day (two for men) can help protect against heart disease, more than that can cause other health problems like cancer.
8. Have a positive outlook. There’s a definite link between living well and having a cheerful outlook on life. You can’t be unhappy when you’re smiling or singing.
9. A natural remedy for coughs is a teaspoon of honey with a pinch of ground black pepper 2-3 times a day.
10. Beans are said to be rich in ‘flavonoids’ that help protect against heart disease and cancer. So don`t forget to eat your beans!
11. According to a new study drinking tea over a long period– long, green, or black–builds strong bones. Bone loss can start in the thirties, especially in women.
12. To treat sunburn, take some leaves from an aloe plant and refrigerate them. After they have cooled, you can peel off the top layer of a leaf and apply the exposed gel directly to the sunburn.
13. Practice laughing at yourself. You just can’t help becoming more accepting of your own shortcomings, and that’s a sure-fire stress-buster.
14. Exercise is a powerful remedy against depression. The body’s natural endorphins, elevated by a good workout, will naturally improve your mood.
15. Avoid the use of alcohol, sedatives and antihistamines which cause a “loggy,” drugged feeling. Eat less protein and fat in favor of fruits and vegetables.
16. You may be wondering what seatbelts have to do with health. Statistics show that wearing seatbelts keeps you safe and therefore allows you to live longer.
17. Do not take fried foods instead have baked or steamed food. Include lot of salads and fruits in your diet. Take only one type of fruit at a time.
18. Whenever you are going somewhere near, make it a point to walk. Go for a walk every morning.
19. Yoga is one of the best ways to keep yourself fit and healthy. Meditation calms and relaxes your mind.
20. Take a nutritious diet which is very important for both physical and mental health. Include lot of fresh fruits, vegetables and pulses.
21. Take up a hobby besides your profession. It is a great way to relax and be happy. It relieves you of stress.
22. Go for an early morning walk and enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful sunrise. It is a sure way to de-stress yourself.
23. Listen to any music of your choice. It is a great way of relaxing.
24. Massage is a great way to de-stress yourself. Have a massage with essential oil or a warm scented bath.
25. Laughter is a great medicine. Watch a humorous movie which is a wonderful way to relax.
26. Don’t bottle up your emotions, share it with a trusted friend or write it in a piece of paper and tear it.
27. Laughter is the best medicine according to many doctors. In fact, a single laugh may boost your immune systems defenses for up to 3 days.
28. A good to know health tip is that beer and wine can actually be good for you and help you to live longer.
29. Eating a naturally healthy breakfast every morning makes you less likely to suffer a heart attack.
30. A 4-5% reduction in your water intake may reduce your concentration and performance by as much as 30%.
31. Eat at least one good serving of uncooked food before every meal. You’ll be pleased by how much weight you’ll lose and how much better you’ll feel.
[tags]Health, Exercise, Fit For Life, Keep Healthy, Lifestyle, Personal Development, Body Exercise, Walking, Diet, Healthy Diet, Food Watch, Reduce Stress, Healthy Breakfast[/tags]