Here’s some official Twitter Commands that you can play around with..
Did you know: you can perform certain actions, like following or marking a friend’s update as a favorite, by using the designated Twitter commands? Use the commands listed below from your phone, the web update box, or your favorite third party application.
Turning Twitter off and on: device notifications
- ON: turns ALL phone notifications on.
- OFF: turns ALL phone notifications off.
- STOP, QUIT: stops all messages to your phone immediately
- ON username: turns on notifications for a specific person on your phone. For example, ON alissa.
- OFF username: turns off notifications for a specific person on your phone. For example, OFF blaine.
- FOLLOW username: this command allows you to start receiving notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: follow jeremy
- LEAVE username: this command allows you to stop receiving notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: leave benfu
Fun Stuff: friends, favorites, and stats!
- @username + message
- D username + message
- WHOIS username
- GET username
- NUDGE username
- FAV username
directs a twitter at another person, and causes your twitter to save in their “replies” tab.
Example: @meangrape I love that song too!
sends a person a private message that goes to their device, and saves in their web archive.
Example: d krissy want to pick a Jamba Juice for me while you’re there?
retrieves the profile information for any public user on Twitter.
Example: whois jack
retrieves the latest Twitter update posted by the person.
Example: get goldman
reminds a friend to update by asking what they’re doing on your behalf.
Example: nudge biz
marks a person’s last twitter as a favorite. (hint: reply to any update with FAV to mark it as a favorite if you’re receiving it in real time)
Example: fav al3x
- INVITE phone number
this command returns your number of followers, how many people you’re following, and which words you’re tracking.
will send an SMS invite to a friend’s mobile phone.
Example: Invite 415 555 1212
- using on/off username from your phone only stops notifications to the place the command comes from; you’ll still collect a person’s updates on the web.
- using follow/leave username from your phone is the same as using on/off username
- following someone from a phone for the first time will also cause you to follow them on the web
- there is no way to stop following a person on the web without visiting their profile and removing them. The off, leave, stop, and quit commands will only disable updates for the device(s) from which they were sent.
- you don’t have to use ON/OFF username from the phone, you can also set individual notifcations from a person’s profile page, or check your following page and manage all phone notification settings there.
[tags]Tips, Twitter Commands, Help, FAQ, Note , Twitters, Commands, Twitter Traffic, Make Money Online, Online Traffic, Internet Marketing, Twitter help[/tags]