Vision Brings Victory
Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those inand in , and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:19-20
Paul’s vision on the road tobecame the captivating force behind his success. The apostle teaches us the power of a vision. God’s vision for Paul accomplished a number of things:
- It stopped him. Vision allows us to see ourselves. We see things not as they are, but as we are.
- It sent him. Vision allows us to see others. We feel compelled to act.
- It strengthened him. Vision enables us to continue despite struggles and lack of resources.
- It stretched him. Vision gives us conviction to stand, confidence to speak, and compassion to share.
- It satisfied him. Obedience to this vision motivates us to act. It fulfills us.